We’re not a fan of fine print (we can never find our fine print glasses) – but we figure neither of us like surprises – that is why we want to make sure we are up front about our property policies.
Please read through the following policies below and thank you in advance for doing so! If you have any questions, you can reply directly to this email or call us at 707-937-5339.
• Our rates are based on double occupancy (two guests).
• Additional guests adds $15 per guest, per night up to the cottage or room capacity.
• Guests 12 years of age and under stay free with an accompanying adult.
• We must collect 11% for Mendocino County’s transient occupancy tax and BID on all stays and associated fees
• First night + tax deposit is required at time of booking
• Gift certificates may be used for room charges only
• We accept all major credit cards
• Cash payments and In-room housekeeping are not available
• There is a two-night minimum stay on most weekends which is subject to change based on holidays or local events.
• Our vacation rentals and select cottages have a minimum that includes weekdays as well.
• The Inn does not hold weddings on property
• Maximum occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced.
• Only registered guests are allowed to occupy any accommodation.
• For the comfort and safety of you and our other guests, events or large gatherings are not permitted on the property without a full property buy out.
CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
• Check-in is 4:00 pm and contact free.
• An envelope with your last name on it will be outside the office door with everything you’ll need to get into your room or cottage.
• Check-out time is 11:00 am
• Guests not vacating units by 11:00 am, without Innkeeper’s permission, may be charged an additional nights stay.
• Check-out is also contact free. Please leave your key in the mail slot that is next to the office door.
• Guests under the age of 12 stay with us free of charge
• Children under 15-years-of-age must be supervised at all times.
• Some of our rooms are not suitable for children.
• Please be sure to book a cottage that allows children as we cannot guarantee check in without prior approval.
• Deposit refundable if cancelled 14 days or more prior to arrival date.
• Full non-refundable payment due 7 days prior to arrival
• No-shows, early departures, and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a last-minute cancellation and will be charged for the full folio amount of the reservation.
• We are happy to move your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date at no additional cost to you (rates may change, and promotions may end depending on the new dates you select). Once a reservation has been moved, it is no longer refundable and cannot be moved again.
• Large groups have a 30 day, no-cancellation period.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our lodging policies, please feel free to contact us at 707-937-5339 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All of our accommodations are pet friendly and allow up to 2 cats or dogs per unit.
• Click here for a full list of our pet policies
PRIVATE HOT TUBS
• Guests must shower before using the hot tub.
• If we have to empty and refill the tub due to misuse, an additional cleaning fee of $100 will be added to your reservation.
• When the hot tub is not in use, the cover must be reinstalled in the proper position and secured.
• As a result of cleaning and servicing, hot tubs are sometimes not up to full temperature at the time of check in and may need several hours to heat.
• Do not permit children under the age of eighteen (18) to use the hot tub unless they are closely supervised at all times. Unsupervised use by children is strictly prohibited.
• In no case should children under the age of eight (8) be permitted in the hot tub. Never leave children unattended in the vicinity of the hot tub.
• Pregnant women and individuals under medical care (for such problems as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, skin sensitivities, cardiac or circulatory problems) should consult their physician prior to using the hot tub.
• Never use the hot tub when taking anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, narcotics or tranquilizers.
• Never allow long hair to float in the hot tub.
• Surrounding patio/deck may be slippery and dangerous when wet.
• Alcoholic beverages should not be consumed before or during hot tub use
SMOKING + OTHER BURNING QUESTIONS
• The entire property is non-smoking (yes that includes vaping and the stuff Mendo is famous for). This policy is for the comfort of other guests and staff and includes all decks, porches and grounds.
• A minimum $275.00 fee plus cost of nights lost due to restoring the accommodation will be levied for smoke or odor damage in a room or cottage. Safe places can be provided upon arrival for medical use.
• For the safety of our guests and historic property, the use of candles, incense, fireworks, explosives, flammable items, firearms, gas, charcoal, or propane grills, including solid fuel cooking appliances, smokers, oil fryers, hibachis, and all other types of open-flame devices, fire pits or fireplaces are strictly prohibited within, on or around any of the Inn’s balconies, decks or grounds.
PUBLIC SERVICE POWER SHUTDOWN and POWER OUTAGES
In the event of a planned or unplanned Public Service Power Shutdown (PSPS) or a power outage due to weather or other causes, our services will not be impacted. Our generators will be in service during limited hours to provide water pressure to the accommodations. Emergency boxes including flashlights and lanterns will be left in your room or cottage. Internet service during generator operation will be limited to office area. Our heat sources operate on propane and are unaffected. As PSPS events are out of our control, no refunds or rate adjustments will be given for any used or unused portion of a stay.