We’re not a fan of fine print (we can never find our fine print glasses). And unless we’re talking about cake – we figure neither of us like surprises – that is why we want to make sure we are up front about our property policies.
Please read through the following policies below and thank you in advance for doing so!
In order to maintain a safe environment for all, we kindly remind our guests:
- Adhere to the latest CDC and local health guidance.
- Follow posted safety signage.
- Hand sanitizing stations are provided around property and in your room or cottage.
- Service delivery will be contactless.
- In-room housekeeping service will not be provided during guest stay.
- Indoor public areas such as the office and lounge will be closed to guests.
- Follow local safety guidelines when out and about in the area.
- Immediately notify management in the case of an illness.
- If you are diagnosed by Mendocino Coast District Hospital or the CDC with COVID-19 and you must quarantine or isolate in your rented room or cottage, you and your party are responsible for the duration of that stay and any and all associated fees
A 50% deposit required at time of booking, full payment due for single night bookings. Deposit refundable minus $45 cancellation fee if cancelled 14 days or more prior to arrival date. Full non-refundable payment due 7 days prior to arrival for all bookings.
If you are worried that you may need to cancel your stay within the shortened cancellation period, we suggest considering trip cancellation insurance which can be easily obtained online. An example is the website www.quotewright.com. Insurance can be purchased at the time of booking online with one of these third-party insurance providers. It is NOT included in our room rates and does not get processed through the Inn.
If you do need to cancel or change your reservation, we will charge you as listed below:
- The no-cancellation period begins 14 days prior to arrival.
- Any significant changes or cancellations made during the no-cancellation period will result in the loss of the entire deposit.
- Any significant changes or cancellations made within 7 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of the entire stay.
- No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, are the same as a last-minute cancellation and will be charged for the full folio amount of the reservation.
- We will be happy to move your reservation within the no-cancellation period up to 48 hours prior to your arrival at no additional cost to you (rates may change, and promotions may end depending on the dates you select). Once a reservation has been moved, it is no longer refundable and cannot be moved again.
- Lodging, wedding and elopement packages may have different policies and restrictions, please check your package confirmation carefully.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our lodging policies, please feel free to contact us at 707-937-5339 or via email at email@example.com
- Our rates will vary throughout the year and are subject to change until you have confirmed your reservation with us and locked in a rate.
- Our rates are based on double occupancy (two guests).
- Additional guests over double occupancy adds $15 per guest, per night up to the cottage or room capacity.
- We must collect 11% for Mendocino County’s transient occupancy tax on all stays and associated fees
- $30 per pet fee is charged for each pet guest per night. We accept dog and cat guests only-please do not bring your pet rhino, as cute as he may be.
- Service animals that are individually trained to help a person with his or her disability are welcomed. Free pet stays will only be given to service animals with ADA certification paperwork.
- Dogs or cats whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA and will be charged.
- Two pet limit per accommodation.
- Well socialized, domesticated pets are welcome (non-aggressive dogs and cats)
- Verification of Bordetella and rabies vaccinations within the past 12 months.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- Prior to arrival, we request your pet’s name, weight, and breed for identification purposes
- Pets may not be left alone in the unit or on the grounds at any time, even in a crate. This rule is for their safety and comfort as well as the comfort of our other guests. If you need pet sitting services, we recommend At Last Dog Camp in Mendocino.
- Please prevent your pet from barking or otherwise disturbing guests. In the event that the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- Owners must be in control of their pat at all times; likewise, cats must be constrained at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. Complimentary waste pick-up stations are scattered around the property for your use or bags will be provided for you in the guestroom if you prefer. Please contact an Innkeeper should you need additional bags.
- The Inn has great places for you and your pet to enjoy. We will be happy to suggest other great places for walks and adventures for you and your pet.
- If additional cleaning is required for bedding, carpeting or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your pet, all related charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- House gift certificates for Inn at Schoolhouse Creek and the Cottages at Little River Cove are not transferable between properties
- We do not accept Bed and Breakfast.com gift certificates
- The purchase value of expired Groupon vouchers may be applied to on-site room charges only
- 50% deposit is required at time of booking. The balance of your folio is due 7 days prior to check-in.
- Gift Certificates may be used for room charges only please
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards
- There is a minimum stay requirement during busy season and most holiday weekends; including, but not limited to: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Please contact us directly to find out about weddings or elopements.
- For groups reserving three or more rooms or cottages, a 30-day cancellation policy applies, and full payment in advance is required.
- Maximum occupancies in all rooms and vacation rentals are enforced. Only registered guests are allowed to occupy any accommodation.
CHECK-IN + CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time is after 4:00 pm every day. Check-in will be contact-less as an arrival package will be outside the office door with complete instructions including your key, a map of the property, and your reservation information. A welcome letter describing the cottage and included amenities will be waiting for you inside the cottage.
- A valid ID + credit or debit card is required at check-in. We accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard. Cash payments not accepted during this time.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 am. Guests not vacating units by 11:00 am, without Innkeeper’s permission, will be charged a late checkout fee up to the equivalent of one night’s lodging. Check-out will remain contact-less. Please put your key inside the mailbox that is hanging on the wall just outside the office and notify the innkeeper.
- Guests ages 12 and under stay with us free of charge
- For the safety of your children and the comfort of our other guests, we request that children under 15-years-of-age be supervised at all times.
- Most of our rooms are not suitable for guests under the age of 15. Please be sure to book a cottage that allows children as we cannot guarantee check in without prior approval.
SMOKING + OTHER BURNING QUESTIONS
- The entire property is non-smoking (yes that includes vaping and the stuff Mendo is famous for). This policy is for the comfort of other guests and staff and includes all decks, porches and grounds.
- Candles and other open flames are not permitted anywhere on the property.
PUBLIC SERVICE POWER SHUTDOWN and POWER OUTAGES
In the event of a planned or unplanned Public Service Power Shutdown (PSPS) or a power outage due to weather or other causes, our services will not be impacted. Our generators will be in service during limited hours to provide water pressure to the accommodations. Emergency boxes including flashlights and lanterns will be left in your room or cottage. Internet service during generator operation will be limited to office area. Our heat sources operate on propane and are unaffected. As PSPS events are out of our control, no refunds or rate adjustments will be given for any used or unused portion of a stay.