Mendocino Pet-Friendly Lodging
At the Cottages, we know that pets need vacations, too! We are the premier pet-friendly lodging location in Mendocino, with private cottages and beautiful gardens and lawns for taking walks. In addition to our 2+ acres of grounds, the dog-friendly Van Damme Beach is only a 1/4 mile from the Cottages at Little River Cove, and there are many more pet-friendly beaches and miles of walking trails in the area.
In our designated pet-friendly cottages we allow up to two pets to accompany you. We welcome our furry, four-footed guests with their own “Pet Package” including a bed, food and water bowls, a beach towel, waste bags, and a welcome treat! We look forward to meeting your furry friends and making them feel welcome at our dog-friendly lodging!
Our pet fee is $30 per pet for each night of their stay but we cap our pet fee at $140+tax. To ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay, we’ll ask Pet Parents to sign the following Pet Guidelines when you check-in.
Guidelines at our Mendocino Pet-Friendly Cottages
- $30 per pet fee is charged for each pet guest per night.
- Two pet limit per cottage.
- Well socialized domesticated (non-aggressive) dogs and cats only.
- Verification of Bordetella and rabies vaccinations within the past 12 months.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- Pets may not be left alone in the unit or on the grounds at any time, even in a crate. This rule is for their safety and comfort as well as the comfort of our other guests. If you need pet sitting services, we recommend At Last Dog Camp in Mendocino.
- Please prevent your pet from barking or otherwise disturbing guests. In the event that the Cottage’s incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- Owners must be in control of their pat at all times; likewise, cats must be constrained at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. Complimentary waste pick-up stations are scattered around the property for your use or bags will be provided for you in the guestroom if you prefer. Please contact an Innkeeper should you need additional bags.
- The Inn has great places for you and your pet to enjoy. We will be happy to suggest other great places for walks and adventures for you and your pet.
- If additional cleaning is required for bedding, carpeting or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your pet, all related charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
The Cottages at Little River Cove reserves the right to deny acceptance of any “pet guest,” particularly in situations where the pet becomes “unwelcome” due to aggressive behavior or disturbing other guests, the hotel may request that the “pet guest” and its owners seek accommodations elsewhere.