The Mendocino Coast, as you know, is a special place. We are truly fortunate to live in an area where physical distancing has been a way of life for quite some time. We are even more fortunate that the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have been kept at bay as we sheltered in place. Our property’s unique layout, spread over two acres, is a blessing we cherish now more than ever. We truly miss our guests and look forward to welcoming everyone back.
To that end, we have been working tirelessly on procedures, procurements, and training to ensure the safety of our staff, our guests, and the local community during this time. Our plans and actions will only be successful with the required adherence of staff and guests alike to our new safety guidelines as required by the Mendocino County Health Department. Guests will receive information upon arrival of these guidelines that will include:
- Maintaining six feet or more of physical distancing at all times with other guests that are not part of your group.
- Wearing masks at any time when you are on our grounds outside of your cottage per Mendocino County Health Department order.
- Following posted safety signage.
- Utilizing hand sanitizing stations provided around the property and in your cottage or room.
- Adhering to our contactless service delivery, such as contactless payments, delivery of requested items, and the like.
- Establish communication with the property via SMS before and during stay for contactless service.
- Public common areas such as the office and restaurant lounge will not be open during this time. Innkeepers will attend to guests outside of the office.
- In-room housekeeping services will not be provided during guest stay.
- Extra guest supplies such as pillows and blankets have been removed prior to your arrival. These items can be requested prior to arrival, or once you are here. Remaining items will be either single-use or laundered/sanitized between guests with CDC recommended protocols.
- Guest accommodations will remain vacant for 24 hours between stays when possible.
- All hot tubs will remain out of service.
- Following Mendocino County safety guidelines including, but not limited to, mask usage, social distancing, and hand sanitation while visiting.
- Immediately notify management in the case of COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you are diagnosed by Mendocino Coast District Hospital or the CDC with COVID-19 and you must quarantine or isolate in your rented room or cottage, you and your party are responsible for the duration of that stay and any associated fees.
We want to share our beautiful area with you and do it as safely as possible so we get through this period of phased re-opening as soon as possible and back to a real normal in the future. Until then, guidelines will remain in effect as required by local health order.